Thursday, August 15, 2013

I hate change



All my life I hated change. The minute I got a few coins in my hand, I’d relieve myself of them by buying anything. Ask anyone, no one likes change. Even the street wanderers will agree to that. I think the term “beggars can’t be choosers’ came from the fact that they didn’t want change.

Salvador Dali would’ve been astonished from what’s happening in the region (the Arab region). With blind explosions and intolerable massacres all around, the image that keeps coming to my mind is change. I am the chump change in the trade of sorts that is going on between countless overlapping & conflicting parties.

Don’t get me wrong, I am no pacifist, but I cannot fight simply because what is going on is not war. War has a definition. War has rules. More importantly, war is fought by humans. These are not humans; they are emotionally mutated, (basic) instinct enhanced, mentally challenged creatures. Like zombies, they are predictable but unstoppable. They take the term ‘collateral damage’ to a whole new level. Their victims are mostly us: the silent innocent majority – an oxymoron. Innocence, often confused with virginity, has lost its meaning at a time when we are visually raped every day (for more info, check your random local, regional or world news stations). We are guilty. Guilty of being silent, guilty of being individualistic, guilty of being aimless, guilty of being cynical, guilty of being hopeless. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty!

Thereby, we are sentenced to wait in a figurative restaurant for a serving we didn’t order, for a serving that will come. (Most of us probably don’t hate Beckett as much now, do we?)

THE MENU:

One person serving:

-rock-traitor-sinner
Ingredients: rock, stone, pipe, shovel…

-Deep throat
Ingredients: 1 blunt knife & a preceding religious chant, performed by 1 person or a tone deaf choir

-Nail in the Noggin
Ingredients: one gun or rifle & 4 bullets – the initial bullet, and 3 other bullets because it’s so much fun

 Family serving (or more):

(The above can still be served with, & for, bigger quantities in addition to the below)

-Sweet launch (guaranteed to ‘rock it’)
Ingredients: a rocket of choice – 81mm, 210mm, 300mm…

-Drive me crazy
Ingredients: a vehicle, preferably a cheap one served with TNT, C4 or Nitroglycerin


by nonverbal means, the question is asked: “Anyone hungry?”
... Silence...
The response: “Then, you shall eat.”


8 comments: