Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Say bla

At the moment, the most intelligent thing I can say is: bla*. So, why don't I refrain from saying it and fake intelligence by applying the prudent art of silence? Rhetorical question

First, Let us take a closer look; is 'bla' really something not worth saying? For one, I have discovered that saying it out loud does decrease my stress level; try it. Go ahead. BLA. BLA. BLA. it is such a gleeful mouthful. Furthermore, bla is the clearest indication that I am momentarily, monumentally, malignantly, maliciously (and all the other adverbs which start with the letter 'm') mentally bankrupt. It shows that writers can have a block while having a blog. I digress. The point is:

if you have nothing smart to say, why say nothing?

There is a large capacity, need & appreciation for B.S., & I don't mean Bachelor of Science, in the world. Whether I should contribute to that or not is a different matter. Personally, I say if they want it, let'em have it. Heck, the entire globe is in a constant aspiring state for Democracy.

Therefore, I declare that I will not stand against the will of the people for I am from the people. If we prefer to listen to all the 'Just-in's and all the ladies who are more Cuckoos than 'Kakas' of the world, who am I to turn a deaf ear? If we think that those named Beethoven are named after a dog, who am I to pick a bone? If we're more interested in reading about colors than about Heights*, why should I be blue? If we think that Che Guevara is some random photogenic and fashion friendly icon, why should I rebel? If... if... if...

I shall not swim against the current, but I will not be silent. I will state my case clearly; it is simply:  BLA. In fact, let us all say bla. Even those who have something better to say than bla, kindly abstain from imparting anything besides bla. Shouted in unison, bla will have meaning. Bla will make more sense than the most evocative of words, because it is limitless, formless, uncategorized.

Imagine, if you dare; imagine, if you care, the power of a bla uprising...

P.S.: should this uprising ever occur, propagandists, for marketing purposes, will try to define bla. They must be stopped at all cost, for if they succeed, the uprising will fail.


*Bla Disclaimer: I have enjoyed saying it and talking about it; however, in no way do I claim to have come up with the eloquence that is bla. I would have given credit to the person who came up with it had I known who he/she/it was.
*Heights: Wuthering Heights, a novel by Emily Bronte.

7 comments:

  1. LOL. Btw it's EmilY Bronte not Emile, it's a she not a he :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw, must you put a security code before we can comment? I think this reduces the number of people who will comment. People simply ma eloun jledeh, make it easier for them :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, I think this inconvenience has been fixed; thank you for pointing it out.

      Delete
  3. Really Valiant Sheep? Emily Bronte is a she? So, it couldn't have been a typo ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, I guess I must have missed the pun...

      Delete
    2. that is if there was a pun to miss. There was an insinuation about a certain popular book now as opposed to the classic that is the Wuthering Heights. Since I didn't say the entire title in the body, I had to clarify it at the end.

      Delete